Chalkstream has extensive experience on advising and supporting merging colleges. In recent years we have developed a research suite to support colleges manage their reputations, markets and brands before or after merger.
Our research has helped colleges:
- define a new vision and mission for the organisation
- improve recruitment and retention after merger
- manage the reputational risks associated with merger
- understand the value of – and develop - identify, name, brand
- create effective marketing strategies
- successfully plan curricula
- measures and improve student experience, support and relationship management.
Projects typically involve:
- new analysis of college enrolment and application data
- online, face to face and telephone interviews with those publics that matter most to colleges - current and prospective students, staff, parents, employers and key opinion formers
- analysis, reporting, presentations, consultancy.
Each Chalkstream research project is bespoke according to specific client needs. Themes we have explored on behalf of merging or merged colleges include:
- attitudes to college or campus identity, name, brand and impact on behaviours
- awareness, favourability, perceptions of colleges and competitors
- factors, channels and influencers in applicant behaviour
- subject level market share and competitor curricula review
- travel to study attitudes and behaviours.
Clients who have used this product include:
- New City College Group
- Bath College
- Capital City Colleges Group
- Bedford College Group
- RNN Group.