Chalkstream helps colleges consolidate and grow their higher education offer through intelligent research.
Our research has helped colleges:
- grow their higher education numbers
- radically improve progression from Level 3 to Level 4 within the college
- improve the efficiency of higher education marketing activity
- develop new higher education curricula.
Projects typically include:
- detailed analysis of college enrolled, non-enrolled applicant, UCAS and related data
- review of relevant secondary research
- online and telephone interviews with current and potential students, employer sponsors, influencers and opinion formers
- analysis, reporting, presentations consultancy.
Each project is bespoke, according to the specific needs of the client. Themes we have explored on behalf of college clients include:
- awareness of and attitudes to the college higher education offer
- potential student and employer needs
- barriers to progression from Level 3
- higher education ambitions and subject preferences among Level 2 and 3 cohorts
- HE in FE student decision-making processes - motivators, influencers, communication channels
- impact of finance on attitudes and behaviours
- competitor offers and reputations
- HE in FE demand by qualification type
- market preferences regarding brand, HE facilities, delivery modes, progression opportunities.
Clients who have used this product include:
- Blackpool and The Fylde College
- City and Islington College/Capital City College Group
- Bedford College