Chalkstream designs and delivers research projects that provide the crucial intelligence colleges need to make complex, important strategic decisions about the institution’s future.
Our research has helped colleges:
- identify demand and opportunities for growth in new catchment areas
- better manage the risks inherent in growth
- effectively plan new provision.
Projects typically involve:
- analysis of a broad range of secondary information – including labour market intelligence, educational performance data and population statistics
- primary research among the groups who will determine the success of a development programme
- analysis, reporting, presentations, consultancy.
Each Chalkstream research project is bespoke according to specific client needs. Themes we have explored on behalf of colleges considering growth in a new catchment area include:
- college reputation in the new area
- market size
- student population profiles
- current providers offer, size, market share, reputations
- local employer requirements
- subject, provider preferences among potential students and parents
- travel to study attitudes and behaviours.
“Another excellent piece of research presented to us today from Chalkstream. Thorough but presented with clarity & simplicity... Impressive as always.”
Ian Pryce, CEO, Bedford College Group